HARMONY FOR THE HOLIDAYS...IS IT HELPING?
When we move toward the holidays, the idea of peace and harmony permeates the air. Do you feel you have a harmonious team? What does that look like?
- We always agree with our manager
- We have worked together a long time
- We try not to upset each other
- We tend to over promise and under deliver
- We shut someone out who doesn’t agree
- We all have the same background
- We find some people no longer speak up
What may appear to be harmonious is what Liane Davey, in her book You First calls a Bobble Head Team. As peaceful as this team interaction sounds, you could be letting your company down by not making the sound decisions and willing to look at a common issue in a different way.
Who has a tendency to live in this harmonious habitat? Patient people who are more peaceful, kind, consistent and cooperative. Who else? Someone who is more of an introvert, wanting quiet, introspective and private interactions.
Do you know who is on your team today? Are you seeing people with counter opinions starting to shut down? Contact me to learn more about understanding your team’s strengths and their key contributions to your organization.